The Finnish web startup scene has boomed over the past 5 years transforming Helsinki into a vibrant startup hub. Ulla Engeström has listed eight observations about what’s happening in the Finnish web startup scene today.
1. Rovio boosts collective optimism making other Finnish startup founders adopt the “we can” spirit.
2. New networks and communities encourage initiatives and action
3. Entrepreneur-led accelerators such as TEKES’ Vigo bring focus and hands-on mentoring to government funding
4. New VCs with good networks are taking more interest towards Finnish startups
5. The Finnish government supports startups by introducing tax incentives for angel investors
6. Increasing availability of great Finnish engineers
7. Business and tech press is slowly beginning to wake up and take interest towards Finnish startups
8. The Finnish Minister of European Affairs and Foreign Trade strongly supporting growth companies
Read more about Ulla Engeström’s observations in: http://www.hobbyprincess.com/2012/03/what-makes-helsinki-a-hot-startup-scene.html