The application period has ended, thank you all for your interest! All applicants will be contacted personally.
The ambitious goal of the Health Capital Helsinki (HCH) initiative is to develop the Helsinki capital region into the best European hub for life science and health technology. HCH is funded by the cities of Helsinki and Espoo, the University of Helsinki, Aalto-University, HUS Helsinki University Hospital, Haaga-Helia, Laurea and Metropolia. The initiative develops and promotes innovations and businesses that are based on life science and health technology research, and it is located at Helsinki Business Hub.
Director/Health Capital Helsinki
You will have an exceptionally interesting and international vantage point in the life science and health technology sector. You will be responsible for leading and developing the three-year Health Capital Helsinki initiative according to the project plan. You will get to build your team and choose exactly the experts you need. You will be supported by a versatile and competent steering group that represents the initiative’s funding organisations as well as HBH’s highly skilled experts.
- To support the creation and development of research- and student-oriented startups and growth companies
- To increase the creation of innovations and to speed up their commercialization
- To increase and improve the efficiency of R&D&I operations in the life science and health technology sector
- To strengthen the brand of HCH ecosystem and to increase the international visibility of the sector
We are looking for someone who has most of the following:
- Versatile knowledge of the health technology and life science sector
- Experience of implementing strategies and project plans
- Experience of the internationalization of health businesses
- Experience of innovation activities in the health sector
- Strong evidence of systematic and successful project management
- The ability to lead in a clear and enthusiastic manner and to engage people
- A constructive, straightforward and problem-solving way of working
- The ability to build and develop well-functioning networks and collaboration
- Persuasive negotiation and presentation skills in Finnish and English
- At least an appropriate upper university degree
The following will help you succeed:
- An understanding and/or experience of business, hospitals and/or the role of research in innovations
- Knowledge of startup business
Original job posting (in Finnish):
from Leader Point Oy’s consultant Tuomas Kemiläinen, available 26 February
Tel. +358 (0)40 721 5645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Send us your short application in which you explain what you have to offer for this challenge.
Attach your CV to the application. Send your application, CV and salary request by 3 March 2019 with the title “Director/HCH” to: email@example.com