We are looking for a service-minded professional to strengthen our Invest in team. The position offers an excellent vantage point on developments within the Health Tech and Life Sciences ecosystem in Finland and internationally.
BUSINESS ADVISOR, HEALTH TECH & LIFE SCIENCES
The Helsinki Business Hub Invest In team helps foreign companies set-up operations and grow in the Helsinki region. We do this by building relationships with decision-makers within selected foreign companies and connecting them to key people within the Finnish business ecosystem. Ultimately, we are measured on the number of jobs directly created through our efforts.
As part of our Health Tech and Life Sciences activities, we are scaling operations in order to support and benefit from Health Capital Helsinki. Health Capital Helsinki is the hub of Health Tech and Life Science related research, knowledge and business in the Helsinki region. The City of Helsinki, the University of Helsinki, Aalto University and the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa (HUS) are together developing the local research based innovation and business ecosystem, with the aim of making this the leading European region of Life Sciences and Health Tech.
- Developing and ramping-up of the dealmakers network in Finland.
- Creating and maintaining relationships with foreign investors and informing them about potential investment targets.
- Matchmaking between Finnish companies that are looking for funding and foreign investors.
- A relevant higher education degree.
- A solid understanding of the Health Tech and Life Sciences domain in Finland and internationally.
- An active network of connections to key players within the Health Tech and Life Sciences business ecosystem in the Helsinki region.
- Excellent communications and networking skills in English and Finnish. Other languages considered a benefit.
- Previous experience working for a medium to large company in an international role – preferably involving international expansion operations.
- Willingness to travel abroad (max. 25%).
We are offering a permanent position.
How to apply?
Send your application and CV (including salary request), all in one document, by Friday, February 12th, 2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact Micah Gland, deputy CEO (+358 50 3731442) on Tuesday the 9th between 2 and 4 PM and Wednesday the 10th between 11 AM and 1 PM.
Helsinki Business Hub (HBH) is the regional development agency for the Helsinki Region. We are a dynamic team of about 25 business professionals in Helsinki, working to ensure that innovation-driven foreign and local companies thrive in the Finnish business environment and in Greater Helsinki. HBH is a non-profit organization, owned by the cities of the capital region.