Greater Helsinki Promotion (GHP) is the economic development agency for the Helsinki Region.
We are a dynamic team of about 20 business professionals in Helsinki, working to ensure that innovation-driven foreign and local companies thrive in the Finnish business environment and in the Greater Helsinki region.
GHP is a non-profit organization, owned by the cities of the capital region.
We are now looking for a results-oriented, senior professional with a proven track-record for the role of:
Director, Business Platform Development
Business Platform Development is a business unit within GHP. The unit is responsible for creating and designing business growth opportunities for ambitious, innovation-driven companies located in the Helsinki region. These activities are carried out in a close co-operation with the invest in business unit, which promotes the Helsinki region to foreign investors.
The main tasks of the director include:
- To implement the company’s strategy in the area of business platform development.
- To be a member in the company’s management team.
- To be responsible for managing and developing activities within the business unit.
- To be a supervisor for employees in the business unit.
- Operational activities along with the team.
The role requires the following skills and competencies
- A relevant higher education degree.
- An understanding of innovation-driven businesses, their growth and financing, as well as their internationalization processes.
- Knowledge and experience of public policies that encourage growth and internationalization of innovation-driven businesses.
- Experience and competencies in knowledge-based industries, preferably in an international role
- Management and leadership skills.
- Good communications and team building skills.
How to apply?
Please send your application and CV including your salary request, all in one document,
by Sunday, 21 December 2014 to kirsi.taivaloja (a) helsinkibusinesshub.fi.
For more information, please contact Marja-Liisa Niinikoski, CEO, +358 40 538 4541, on 12 December between 11.30-13.30 or 17 December between 14-16.