Helsinki Business Hub offers a unique position for a university student to learn about the growth company and international venture capital industry. In this role you would be involved with Finnish startups and the ecosystem around it. The position is paid, 20 hours a week and fixed term for 6 months. Preferred starting time would be early June.
The Venture Analyst Trainee will be part of the company’s Investor Services team. The HBH Investor Services offer deal flow to international investors according to their investment preferences. See also the Investor Services webpage for more info.
The trainee’s tasks include:
- Scouting new startup companies from different sources and databases
- contacting Finnish startups and acquiring further information on their business and financing status and needs
- updating the startup profiles on the Deal Flow database
- analyzing and preparing the deal flow according to investors’ needs
- other internal & external customer service tasks
We hope that you…
- have a strong interest in and basic knowledge of startup and venture investment fields
- are curious, proactive and analytical
- are willing to learn about new scale-ups and growth companies
- are a team player ready to support your team mates
- are able to prioritize tasks
- are willing to network with the startup ecosystem
- are fluent in English, fluency in Finnish is an advantage
- have finished your bachelor’s degree.
After six months you will have…
- an improved knowledge and contacts with the startup and venture capital ecosystem
- worked alongside a supportive team in an inspiring, multicultural work environment
- worked with databases and improved your data analytics skills
- participated in startup events.
Helsinki Business Hub offers you an exciting job in an innovative and international business environment. This is an opportunity to work with a multicultural team consisting of highly skilled people, and a chance to expand your business networks globally. Our people also value the fact that our work has a noble meaning: together we make Helsinki the best place to accelerate and grow your business and a home of innovation.
How to apply and recruitment timeline
For more information about the position, please contact Tian Yu, Venture advisor, tel. +358 45 225 8618.
Send your application and CV latest by April 19 to firstname.lastname@example.org with a title “Venture Analyst Trainee” and your name.
Selected candidates will be invited for interviews during week 17, and the interviews will be scheduled for weeks 18-20. Selection decision will be made by 17 May latest. We will screen the applications throughout the application period, therefore we might be able to make the decision earlier than 17 May. The preferred starting date for the position is the beginning of June, but there’s room for negotiation if needed.
About Helsinki Business Hub
Helsinki Business Hub is the international trade and investment promotion agency for the Finnish capital region. We help foreign companies to set-up their business, grow and develop in Greater Helsinki. We do this by providing the right information and contacts and by identifying growth opportunities for our clients, free of charge. Our work results in economic growth and new jobs in the area. Helsinki Business Hub is owned by the cities of Helsinki, Espoo, Vantaa and Kauniainen as well as the Uusimaa Regional Council.