Health Capital Helsinki is an initiative aimed at building the profile of the Helsinki region as a leading hub of life sciences and health tech related research, innovation and corporate cooperation in Northern Europe. The initiative is a joint venture between the city of Helsinki, the University of Helsinki, Aalto University, HUS (the Hospital District of Helsinki and Uusimaa), VTT and the key municipal players in the Helsinki region.
Health Capital Helsinki is now looking for a
Head of project office
for the period of May 1, 2015 – Dec 31, 2017
The University of Helsinki and the City of Helsinki commissioned a report on the situation and development prospects in life sciences and health technology domains. The recommendations of the report include strengthening the partnership between the actors in the life sciences and health tech sectors, enhancing the commercial utilization of life sciences and health technology research, as well as developing the research sectors to better accommodate corporate cooperation.
Based on the recommendations a consortium of municipal actors, universities and research institutions are establishing a project office to improve the life sciences and health technology innovation ecosystem. The head of project office is responsible for planning and executing these activities with the key partners. The project aims at developing an innovation triangle encompassing the Meilahti, Otaniemi and Viikki campuses. The main office is on the Meilahti campus.
Main tasks of the head of project office include:
- Organizing activities for identifying gaps in commercial utilization of life science research results, and together with the relevant actors, to define development needs and activities in this field.
- Mapping out and increasing the visibility of existing cooperation between the public and private sectors, as well as identifying potential new opportunities.
- Facilitating joint research initiatives between municipal actors, private sector and research organisations.
- Participating in the implementation of development activities, initiated by the commissioned report (e.g. establishing a life science accelerator in the Meilahti campus area).
The role requires the following skills and competencies:
- A relevant higher education degree, PhD considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the field of life sciences and/or health technology domains.
- Proven track record in successfully executed networking projects.
- Experience in working in multidisciplinary teams, and in private-public partnerships.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Good communications and team building skills.
- Full professional proficiency in Finnish and English.
How to apply?
Please send your application and CV including your salary request, all in one document, by April 7, 2015 to kirsi.taivaloja (a) helsinkibusinesshub.fi.
For more information please contact:
- Professor Tomi Mäkelä, Faculty of Medicine, Biomedicum Helsinki,
tel. +358 50 528 6128 on March 25 between 15-17 or March 30 between 15-16.
- Marja-Liisa Niinikoski, CEO, Greater Helsinki Promotion Ltd,
tel. +358 40 538 4541 on March 25 between 14-15 or March 30 between 14-15.