Finnish technology know-how speaks for itself worldwide. Helsinki raises its global importance on an increasing number of sectors. This has also been noted by Deloitte Finland which newly strengthened its Identity and Access Management (IAM) by buying the IAM business of an innovative Finnish data security service provider, Secproof Ltd. As a world leader in management consulting, Deloitte can now develop its IAM sector – already strongly spurred by ever-growing cloud services – and satisfy its clients with more versatile technological service packages than ever before. Together these two innovative specialist companies can also make Helsinki even more enticing as a high-level ICT expertise mecca as well as a place definitely worth investing.
According to Seppo Kokko, Deloitte Finland’s Managing Partner in Consulting Practices, the high intellectual ICT capital of Helsinki attracts foreign companies and investments:
– In our strongly networked world the need for professional services and data security keeps growing. Helsinki is a place that offers true experts from all fields, and very often these experts have solid international backgrounds from big organizations.
As responsible for Deloitte’s data security services, Competence Leader Lasse Ingström shares the same opinion by accentuating positive effects that Secproof transaction has on the Greater Helsinki area:
– Now we can better help our Finnish client companies on a local basis. It is also easier to bring and root international expertise here.
The Secproof deal has also been widely noted inside Deloitte. The global value of Deloitte Finland has increased significantly in relation to Nordic and UK businesses.
– Now we can offer really hard-core skills in Finland. When it comes to data security expertise, we have already caught up bigger countries and even pulled ahead of countries such as Sweden. Purchasing Secproof’s IAM business strengthens Deloitte’s number one position in Finland as a high-grade technology package service provider, rejoices Kokko.
Independent performance boosted by international network
Deloitte Finland holds an independent company role in a wider international entity.
– Buying Secproof’s IAM business was a completely independent transaction from us. However, our business is strongly accompanied by a global dimension, Kokko says.
Also IAM is big international business. Thanks to the Secproof deal, Deloitte Finland’s international IAM network will become stronger while the company’s data security focus will shift cyber security to cyber intelligence – meaning modern ways of utilizing digital identities. Kokko also sees tomorrow’s Deloitte Finland networking more actively with other IAM actors on the metropolitan area.
– We collaborate closely with other Deloitte countries as well as with Finnish experts. Instead of competing with each other, we prefer heaping up on expertise that benefits each and everyone, complements Ingström and continues:
– This Finnish data security cluster established recently by Deloitte and several data security actors is based on the idea that by benefiting the confidence capital in Finland we can create here a true data security concentration. This means you don’t need to do everything by yourself. I also believe that buying Secproof will strengthen our metropolitan area by creating more jobs.